Friday, August 19, 2011

Mixed Feelings

This summer is going by altogether quite too fast and I don't know how I feel about it. 

I woke up with conflicting feelings of excitement and depression this Friday of my last weekend at home of the summer. 

Excited because it's Friday and that means a trip down the shore and HH at D'Jais. Not to mention two out of three roomies are visiting me all way from Baltimore to experience the Jersey Shore. Can't wait to see them, pray the weather holds out! 

Depressed because quite frankly I'm not ready to have a schedule again. Not ready to part with the lifestyle I will leave behind in NJ - where my biggest uncertainty is whether I will go to the beach that morning or what Hot Yoga class I'll take that day. Not quite ready for the uncertainty of completing homework assignments and the fickle autumn weather I'll have to trek through to get around campus. 

Today I plan on temporarily pretending like I have nothing to do and having fun with my girlfriends. Tomorrow I will watch C's first intra-squad scrimmage and hopefully grab a bite to eat with him afterwards. Sunday I'll celebrate my Momma's bday and act like I won't be just a three and a half hour drive away from Fall Semester Reality. Who's with me? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...