Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Did I ever mention...

...I have the best boyfriend in the world? 

Because indeed, I do. 

I mentioned earlier that due to yesterday's natural disaster, the public schools in the county were closed. Ergo, Ms. Y had a day off.  Of course I spent the day sunning with the girls at the Pool, and of course it was perfect. 

Later, as I was in line at the check out counter of our local Target, right before my credit card was declined and I walked out merchandise-less and ashamed, I got a phone call from the front desk of my apartment building.  

"Hi Maggie, this is Alice from the desk, you have a perishable package waiting for you that you should probably pick up as soon as possible."

No problem, Alice, as I can't bring home the cart-full of items I spent an hour and a half in Target shopping for, so I need not waste any time unloading a car or putting things away.  I'll be there in 10 minutes. 

I was somewhat curious what could be waiting for me that was perishable. All I hoped was that it wasn't something awful like an uncalled for prank in which someone sent me stinky cheese or bottles of ranch dressing. Because that is my worst nightmare. Because those things are dreadful, and who wants them being delivered to their apartment? I only hope that I don't have any enemies that would think to send me rank food products.*

Luckily, when I returned from Target with nothing, I was greeted by Alice and a pink vase of short stemmed roses. From Loverboy, of course :) 


Let me just take this time to remind myself how much I love this boy. Long distance relationships can be difficult for most people, but for three years now I've lived two states away from my boyfriend and have never been more sure of anything in my life. I'm not saying it's always easy; I find myself getting foolishly selfish when I don't get to spend as much time as I want with him. But times like this remind me that even through football camp, classes, school work, lifting, meetings, work, and personal chores, my C is always thinking of me.  

He spoils me to death and I hope he knows how thankful I am. I don't only** receive flowers on traditional flower-giving days (i.e. birthday, Valentines Day, etc.) ... can any other girls say they received a "Happy Move-In-Day-of-Second-Semester-Sophomore-Year" bouquet? Or how about a "Good-Luck-In-Student-Teaching" heart shaped display of roses? 

I think I've done enough gloating for one post, but let me just say that after a surprise day off from School, a fabulous pool day with the girls, and a Target Shopping mishap, flowers from my boy made this day an A+ in my book.

Thanks bebe! 


*By the way, JK about the cheese delivery. Of course I knew it wasn't white food (I detest) waiting for me. That would be unfathomable.
**I appreciate my flowers any day of the year!!

1 comment:

Jessica Ruud said...

Aw so sweet! :) I want a boyfriend like yours!!! Need to find a good one out there ha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...