Monday, May 30, 2011

Movie Review Monday - Hangover 2

On Thursday night I was accompanied by three frosty-smuggling Monmouth Football players to a sketchy Asbury Park movie theater to see the Hangover 2. The company alone had me laughing so hard my stomach hurt - the movie was just an added dose of funny.  


Let me start by saying this: without Zach Galifianakis this movie would be nothing.  The movie had quite a few laugh-out-loud moments, but not nearly as many as the first one.  The Hangover Part II was much, much slower paced than the original.  Although the plot line was identical to the first, it lacked the rapid fire one-liners and surprise events of its predecessor. (C had to shake me to make sure I was awake at one point...)


I literally cried laughing so hard when I watched the original Hangover in theaters, this time there were no tears (although I didn't expect to have any .. I never expect much from sequels.) There was entirely too much male nudity, Stu's character was unbelievably more annoying, and the newly introduced characters brought no additional humor or dynamic.


Indeed it was a good effort, and I think it would be a summer fav if it didn't have the first Hangover with which to compare. The repeated jokes were still funny, but I was hoping for some freshness. 



Thankfully, Bradley Cooper's ridiculous good looks and Zach Galifianakis' strange behavior make it impossible to dislike the movie. Oh, and the trio I arrived with made the night that much more enjoyable. Good company and a good flick make for a memorable movie night :)  I'll give it a B-.  





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...