The fourth of May signifies a memorable moment in the life of Chris and Maggie. Four years ago today was the first time he called me his "girlfriend." Awww.
Here's a picture from this exact day, May 4, 2007:
They say a picture speaks a thousand words, so there ya go. Christopher's self-portrait on our first day as a real, hand-holding, smooching, prom-going couple.
In the 5+ years I've known this handsome guy he's never been one to hold back his true feelings. I guess May 4th, 2007 wasn't any different. In response to this picture, I'm glad he stuck with me. Sure our first days as boyfriend-and-girlfriend publicly were probably a little awkward. I had perpetually clammy hands and butterflies 24/7, and C didn't know what to do with himself now that he had a girl to answer to all the time.
A lot of things have changed since then, our dates are no longer awkward and I don't think he wants to put a gun to his head (?). Some things remain the same after four years, however:
1. I still get butterflies. Every time his name pops up on my caller ID, every time he gives me a kiss hello on the cheek, every time he sends me flowers "just because."
2. My hands are still clammy. My extremities only run on two temperatures: freezing cold or unbearably hot. I am no longer self-conscious about my clammy hands, however. After four years C has finally gotten used to my ice-cold touch.
3. C still doesn't know what to do with himself half the time. We're working on that...
4. He still looks damn good in a suit and tie. (Although more mature and debonair, and less Backstreet Boy.)
5. I am still head-over-heels, completely and utterly in love with this boy. In my mind I'm still a giddy high schooler dating the boy of her dreams.