Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cuatro de Mayo

The fourth of May signifies a memorable moment in the life of Chris and Maggie.  Four years ago today was the first time he called me his "girlfriend." Awww. 

Here's a picture from this exact day, May 4, 2007:

They say a picture speaks a thousand words, so there ya go.  Christopher's self-portrait on our first day as a real, hand-holding, smooching, prom-going couple.  

In the 5+ years I've known this handsome guy he's never been one to hold back his true feelings. I guess May 4th, 2007 wasn't any different.  In response to this picture, I'm glad he stuck with me. Sure our first days as boyfriend-and-girlfriend publicly were probably a little awkward. I had perpetually clammy hands and butterflies 24/7, and C didn't know what to do with himself now that he had a girl to answer to all the time.  

A lot of things have changed since then, our dates are no longer awkward and I don't think he wants to put a gun to his head (?).  Some things remain the same after four years, however:

1. I still get butterflies. Every time his name pops up on my caller ID, every time he gives me a kiss hello on the cheek, every time he sends me flowers "just because."

2. My hands are still clammy. My extremities only run on two temperatures: freezing cold or unbearably hot. I am no longer self-conscious about my clammy hands, however. After four years C has finally gotten used to my ice-cold touch.

3. C still doesn't know what to do with himself half the time. We're working on that... 

4. He still looks damn good in a suit and tie. (Although more mature and debonair, and less Backstreet Boy.)

5. I am still head-over-heels, completely and utterly in love with this boy.  In my mind I'm still a giddy high schooler dating the boy of her dreams. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...