Monday, May 9, 2011

Movie Review Monday - The Fighter

After a romantic dinner celebrating our fourth anniversary (C took me to the waterfront restaurant McLoone's in Asbury..I'm such a lucky girl [= ) my handsome boyfriend and I decided to continue our date with a movie night. As we were both suffering from exhaustion due to respective Cinco-de-Mayo celebrations the previous night, we drove over to the trusty 7/11 RedBox and rented a movie to watch in the comfort of his cozy apartment. 

Movie of choice? The Fighter. 


Awesome, awesome, awesome. C was reluctant to let me choose this title - he thought it would be corny and predictable.  Slightly predictable it was, but I can assure you he was not disappointed.  I honestly have no clue why I waited so long to see this movie. We both loved it! 

I am a huge Christian Bale fan, and while he did not look as yummy as I typically like him, I must say he looked and played the part of an ex-boxer-turned-crack-addict perfectly. Inspiring. Amazing. He definitely deserved all the recognition he received for that role. Love you, Christian xoxoxoxo 

If you were like me and had a stubborn boyfriend prevent you from seeing this movie earlier, run to your nearest RedBox immediately. Rent, watch, repeat. You will not regret it. 

PS - if you have never seen Newsies you also need to watch that immediately. I was in elementary school when I saw this film and simultaneously fell in love with Christian Bale .. so.cute. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...