Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend Spontaneity

For the typical College Student, the weekend begins on Thursday.  And this Thursday, I was looking forward to a weekend filled with time to relax and catch up on "school stuff" I so effortlessly put off in my state of end-of-summer-denial.  After technically being in school for four weeks, I thought this weekend would be a good time to actually buckle down and get myself organized and into "school mode," as I like to call it.

Oh how quickly plans change. 


After a long week of waking up before the sunrise, I was ready to veg out after our weekly Family (roomie) dinner and enjoy a trashy episode of The Jersey Shore before I passed out for the evening. Little did I know that Jill had planned on making homemade Thai Food, and with homemade Thai Food comes the requirement of wine, and apparently not just one glass. A delicious Thai meal and two bottles of vino later the roomies and I had unintentionally put all things on hold that weren't a) girl talk or b) cookie baking.  Oh, and not just any cookies. We were baking cookies in "fun" shapes for Katlyn's cousin's bachelorette weekend.  I leave most of this to your imagination as my father reads this blog, but I just hope the beautiful bachelorette had half as much fun eating the cookies as we had baking them.  

I'm pretty sure I fell asleep around midnight (late night for me, early night for the rest of College Park) with a bellyache that could have been the result of laughing to the point of convulsions or eating too much raw cookie dough. Probably an ideal combination of the two. 

Friday I took a field trip to the zoo. Yes, a field trip. And no, not with my sixth graders. Purely college students.  And you know what? It wasn't as painful as I anticipated.
 I typically hate zoos. Mostly because I don't really like animals (except for dogs and horses and elephants...don't ask.) But also because they stink - they stink like the feces that isn't cleaned up and also like the B.O. of people who walk around for hours staring at depressed animals behind bars. And they are just boring. So I hate them. 

But I like these guys because I can relate: 
I, too, am a MD Terp who loves the Sun. 

Luckily for me and the poor victims classmates that had to be with me for the two hours inside the National Zoo, it was a beautiful Autumn Day. I was able to wear my favorite attire: shorts and long sleeves, and I wasn't even that angry that I had to spend my Friday at a jail for animals.  

At least I got a cute photo-op out of the deal ;]
Then Saturday, once again, I planned on doing nothing but organizing my school work and reading. Instead, I made an impromptu visit to see my sister at WCU and an even more spontaneous trip to Villanova to see my loverboy and his football team play their second game of the season! I am SO SO SO happy I made the trip because they WON and totally kicked Wildcat BUTT!!!! It was so much fun cheering for C and the Hawks- the adrenaline from the unforeseen upset was inexorable and I couldn't just drive away from the game that pumped up. So I made my second spontaneous trip to MU this month and spent the night celebrating with C and his teammates.  
The three hour drive back to MD felt longer than usual this afternoon, but it was so worth it to see the Hawks earn a well-deserved W and to spend the night with my handsome #49 :) 

Final.  
Boys singing their alma mater after the win. 
Me and my handsome boy 

Now it's almost 9:00 and I haven't done anything I planned on doing this weekend but I think I'll go to bed anyway. 


I hope you all had a spontaneously wonderful weekend :]  

1 comment:

Elizabeth | The Blush Magnolia said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...