Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy Sunday

This is the first Sunday in a long string of unproductive fall semester weekends that I will be indisputably productive.  Sundays are my absolute favorite day of the week because they usually mean comfy clothes, time spent with family, down-home cooking, reading new Post Secret submissions, and during this time of year, football.
Others may argue that it is the least favorable day of the week due to the threats imposed by an encroaching Monday Morning.  I choose to ignore such threats. 
My bff and my bf baking on a Sunday. Love love love.

However, recently I've found that I've been spending the majority of my Sundays traveling, blaring country music with the windows down for 3 (or more) hours of I-95 driving.   It's quite difficult to enjoy any of the previously stated joys of Sunday in the confines of a moving vehicle, nor is it possible to accomplish any form of productivity typically left for the college student to complete in a mad rush of school-week-anticipation.  

Today will be different because I actually woke up in my own bed, after a night in, reading text books accompanied by the lull of the dryer and a sleepy roommate named Jill curled up on the couch beside me.  

I woke up (sort of) refreshed and immediately set out to Starbucks to push through my work for the week, invigorated by the sweet smells of fresh ground coffee.  

I bid adieu now (I am simply taking a break after successfully crossing off two large items on my to-do list) to continue working before 1:00 comes around and I can give myself a well-deserved break to watch my G-Men give a serious Eagle beat down, followed by grocery shopping and washing the heaping pile of laundry I abandoned in my closet last night.  
Go Giants! 
Who knows, maybe I'll even have time to do some long awaited baking this evening before bed time. It is fall, after all, and bake I must.  

I really want to try this recipe for Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies... Mmmmmm


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...