Sunday, October 16, 2011

This Weekend...

...There was a lot to be proud of.  First and foremost, I'd like to say that this weekend was awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I spent a lot of time with three of the most fun, beautiful and genuinely amazing girls you could ever wish to meet, my roommates. I was so happy to be able to spend an entire weekend in College Park without traveling if for no other reason but to be able to spend every waking moment with all three of my roomies.
 Love them, and before I get too sappy, let's recap.

 I went all out showing my Maryland pride this weekend, making appearances at three of our Division 1 athletic events donning red and chanting "M-A-R-Y-L-A-N-D" to the point of vocal exhaustion. On Friday we made our way to the Men's Soccer game against Duke (boooooo). We showed up a little late due to much needed gab sessions and Halloween costume planning, but we made it right before the end of the first half to contribute to the largest crowd Ludwig Field has ever seen! Not to mention, we WON! Talk about Terp Pride baby. 


Directly from the game Kate, Sarah and I made the trek over to Comcast Center for the annual kick-off to basketball season,
.
The nearly three hour event was composed of the Gymkana troupe jumping through rings of fire (as seen on America's Got Talent during the semi-finals!), the cheer squad performing their totally impressive routines, an alumni game with returning Terrapin superstars and an introduction of the Men and Women's basketball teams. 


They always leave me on the edge of my seat
Tired Terps. 
Sean Mosely making a grand slam-dunking entrance 
Our brand new Coach Turgeon - can't wait to see what this season has to offer!
On Saturday I decided to treat my body to a short jog and an early morning yoga class before putting it through a marathon of tailgates and football cheering.  Our first stop on the road to bodily destruction: Pig Roast. Let me tell you, it was delicious. And my stomach paid for it later. Beer and pork...Talk about being full all day!




Next up we roamed over to the parking lots mingling between a whole bunch of tailgates. Something about Homecoming makes the hardcore tailgaters come out to play and makes the day that much more fun.

When we finally made it into the game, the Terps were leading Clemson steadily. For awhile I thought we were going to see a HUGE upset.  Unfortunately, no such luck.  The Tigers pulled out a win in the last quarter, and although disappointed, did the loss slow us down? Heck no. 



We left the game and walked over to the newest College Park Sports bar for some post-game remediation. The bar was PACKED with dancing Terrapin fools, which just goes to prove the quote on the back of this year's homecoming t-shirt: "Booze even if we loose." 
Inspiring, I know.

I have tried to dedicate Sunday in its entirety to recovery...and Sunday is coming to an end yet I still have much more work to do to get there. At least Jill and I were able to walk over to Bobby's Burger Palace for a savory meal of all the unhealthy foods I wouldn't allow myself to eat if not totally disillusioned by the effects of a long weekend: A juicy burger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake. 
  
Ah, the price we pay for an unforgettable college weekend.

Can't forget the overwhelming pride I had for my Mama this weekend; she completed all 39.3 miles of the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer AND even walked some of those blocks with the beautiful Reese Witherspoon!

 My Mom is seriously inspiring and I love her. You go Mama!

I hope you all had a weekend to remember, I know I did.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, found you on FTLOB (go comment love day!). That pig roast looks amazing! No easy feat I am sure! My friends and I always talk about hosting one, maybe this will help me turn it into a reality!
Best,
Hannah, over at http://helloveryvanilla.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

wow what a fun and busy weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...