Tuesday, February 22, 2011

There will be days like This

There will be days like this 

This morning while I tried on nearly every sweater in my impractically constructed closet, measuring each one for its style factor and appropriateness on this 75 degree October day, I listened to my "Ray LaMontagne" inspired Pandora playlist and thought to myself, 'today is going to be a good day.'

I will leave a half an hour early to trek across campus to the CYC;
Leave with heavy eyelids during nap-time to walk yet to another opposite end of campus for my slightly interesting, but painfully long Media Literacy class;
Return to the CYC for my ever-important job of 'After Care Teacher' where I will fulfill my duties as playground "seeker" in hide and seek, chaser of freeze tag, and official parent greeter; all while receiving endless attention from my eighteen 3 and 4 year old sweet yellow room munchkins. I will leave the CYC for my extended weekend until Monday - exhausted. I will leave without the caffeine high I came with (thanks to my morning cup of extra strong coffee,) but with a wide grin and a warm heart as the last stragglers scream "Bye Ms. Alensis (Yelencsics)!!"

I will teach two hours and forty five minutes worth of classes at the gym after dinner, and then relax in front of the TV enjoying my guilty pleasure that is 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' - grateful that my job as an aerobics instructor is earning me one step closer to my future as a MILF and New Jersey Housewife.

Cue Halloween Weekend.


Yes, today is going to be a good day :) LIke Van Morrison reminded me via Pandora this morning, 'My Momma told me there will be days like this'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...