Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

This morning didn't feel like Valentine's Day. I finally got out of bed after hitting the snooze button three times, and turned on my phone to a text from my Valentine: "Happy Valentines Day!!!!!"


After a brief "thnx babe you too" correspondence, the early-morning texting rapport ended.  And I left to class, not to hear from Christopher until around 10:00 pm, again, via text.  

This is the first year in four consecutive years to not be with loverboy on V-day.  Sure I was mildly depressed seeing happy couples walking hand in hand on this unusually beautiful 60-degree February day, but I really can't complain.  You see, Chris treats me everyday like most boys only do on Valentine's Day.  I didn't receive any roses in the mail today, because last month he sent me a bouquet just because it was Tuesday.  Last week he sent me a gift I had my eye on for months, and my favorite recent picture of us in a beautiful frame. He's the best. 

Not to mention, I didn't have much time to feel lonely today; I talked with the main man in my life (Daddy) while walking across campus, and I spent my afternoon with my adorable yellow-roomers.  Man do those guys know how to love.  I was greeted with uncountable hugs, 'i love yous,' and homemade Valentines.  

"Ms. Yelencsics I made you a card.  Because I love you and that's what you do for people you love on Valentine's Day." --yellow-roomer.  Why can't everyone put so eloquently into words what they are feeling? Why do we forget how to express our love once we graduate kindergarten? It's amazing to me how much love can fit inside those tiny little bodies.  

valentine.jpg
-The Valentine I received from my yellow-room friend

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...