Tuesday, February 22, 2011

January 13th

It's been a full week since my last post publicizing my personal resolutions for 2011. Although it may seem that I have slipped on at least one thanks to my week-long-hiatus from blogging, I propose a post to the surprisingly successful week in resolution efforts. 

First of all, although I have not written much for my fellow bloggers to follow, I have certainly put pen to paper this week by composing a narrative to help a family member earn a well-deserved honor for his military efforts. Hopefully  my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Donny's extensive research and my small contribution in written form will help to earn Pop Nowitzke his Bronze Star this upcoming Memorial Day! On a side note, I feel honored not only to be able to do this good deed but also to be considered by my aunt and uncle who obviously have more confidence in my writing than I probably deserve...

Secondly, I must admit I have not really picked up my running game.  The snow has limited my outdoor trail access and quite honestly, I'm enjoying being utterly lazy way too much this winter break to get back in running shape.  Oops.  HOWEVER, I have successfully sat on my butt and researched possible races in which to participate -- anyone up for joining me in composing a marathon relay team?!! As for discovering my something "interesting," I think it will take some more time for searching.  However, I am being very conscientious about my spending so that when the right opportunity comes along ... I have the funds! For example, the other day I went to the most fabulous accessory store in Freehold Mall, "Charming Charlie" because my generous Aunt gave me a $50 gift card! More sparkle than you can imagine was dripping from every inch of the deceivingly large store, color-coded!  My mom wanted to kill me after the the first hour I spent drooling over cheap rhinestones - but instead of buyingeverything I wanted, I limited myself to the $50 on the card.  Now if that's not progress...I don't know what is ....


Here's a fun electronic bank my mom gave to me to help with my saving:[Image]
It reads the coin you put in the jar and digitally tells you how much you have saved in the jar! Perfect for a "rainy day" when I want to do something really interesting ;) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...