As of late I have been extremely busy, only to be getting worse as the semester goes on. I'm struggling to find time to blog about anything substantial, so I thought I would revisit Roots and Rings for a 10 on Tuesday post for old times sake. These posts are fun and easy and I'm not sure if anyone really cares at all, but at least I don't feel so bad about not posting for over 5 days! So enjoy your Tuesday, and enjoy reading about my produce preferences in this week's set of 10 questions ;)
I'll return soon with updates and substance. Happy Last Day of January! (eeek)
1. What’s your variety of apple?
Pink Lady. Hands down. I am an apple connoisseur, but this is the Queen of all apples. PInk, crisp, sweet, delicious, and expensive. They are practically dessert, I just wish I could afford them year round!
2. Do you prefer Long-English or Field cucumbers?
Those long-english guys freak me out.
3. Tomatoes – Delicious or disgusting?
4. What’s one fruit or vegetable that you can’t stand and why is that?
My least favorite fruit/vegetable (I'm still not exactly sure what they are classified as with that pit in there...) are olives. YUCK YUCK YUCK. I don't know why, just can't stand them. I think they are one of those things that you either absolutely love or absolutely detest. Detest, I do.
5. What’s your favourite way to prepare veggies? (Grilled, boiled, roasted, sautéed, etc.)
Mmmm I loved grilled veggies. My favorite summer meal.
6. Sweet potato pie: Love it or hate it?
There is nothing not to love about sweet potato pie.
7. What’s your favourite “style” of French fry? Wedges, shoelace, curly, crinkle-cut or other?
Love me some waffle fries!
8. What’s your favourite fruit-pie filling?
9. When you were a kid did your parents make you sit at the table until all your veggies were eaten off your plate?
No, but my mom tried to enforce the "eat three bites of everything on your plate" rule before we could leave. My grandfather instilled that one upon her, and although I absolutely hated having to try everything three times even, I will probably torture my children at the dinner table the same way.
10. Do you drink veggie & fruit juice blends (such as V8, etc.) or make them yourself?
I love the Naked drinks! Green Machine is awesome, but has way too much sugar than necessary. I really want to make my own green juice but I don't think I have a strong enough blender for like, an entire head of lettuce. One day...