Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Newbie to Birchbox

Among other things this Christmas, my very first Birchbox subscription was gifted to me and I will shamelessly admit that I was overjoyed at the sight of the perfectly pink letters centered on that small cardboard box.  

My aunt had overheard me explaining the concept of Birchbox to someone one day, and although I never blatantly said I wanted my own subscription, she knew it would be something her girliest niece would appreciate.
So, on Christmas Eve I screamed in excitement and opened my box to find:

1. Ahava Mineral Body Lotion in Water
2. Kate Spade eau de parfum in Twirl
3. Amika Obliphica Hair Treatment
4. Blinc eyeliner
5. Alex and Isabelle Classic Hair Tie 



My favorite item was absolutely the mineral body lotion. The cream was thick but not greasy at all, and the scent was crisp and fresh without being too strong. The sample size is already depleted, and I am seriously considering ordering a retail size bottle, but I might wait until my next box comes in to see if there is anything comparable.
  
Next in line for favorite was the hair oil. LOVED how soft it made my hair.  Too bad it leaked all over the box after two days of using it. =[  I will be praying to the Birchbox Gods to send me some more hair treatment! 

The eyeliner is wonderful, too. It comes out liquid, which is perfect for lining the upper eye lid, and has the easiest applicator I have ever used.  Every line comes out perfectly straight and what is even better, is that you literally cannot smudge it.  Once it dries it is like ink that no water, tears, nor rain can erase. I loved the longevity of the eyeliner because a lot of times by the end of a night out my black eye make up is so faint it becomes almost unnoticeable.  However, I very rarely wear black eyeliner on the upper eyelid, so there is still some product left in the sample size.  Definitely not an every day necessity for me.

Twirl smells fabulous. But I noticed that if I put more than a spritz on it gives me a headache. Bummer. 

Overall, I was very pleased with my first box of a six month subscription to Birchbox :) I cannot wait to see what January has in store for me! 

Does anyone else subscribe?  Think it's worth it?

Once I heard about the company, I really wanted to try it out. I ultimately decided against ordering a subscription considering $10 a month can be spent on more necessary items in the poor-college-girl lifestyle I lead.  Thank goodness for having such a thoughtful aunt to know just the right gift for me ;) 
 If you need a gift for one of the ladies in your life, I think this is the perfect one! My gift is for 6 months, but I know my cousin got one for 3 months, so you can choose the duration of the subscription to match your price. So awesome. 
Thanks Aunt Doe!!! XOXO

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I desperately want to try it and I have been contemplating just doing it for like 3 months. $30 bucks is a lot to a poor college student, I agree, but I think it would be worth it. I guess I better start rolling change now so I can have enough by.....December!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I'm going to sign up for this today. You convinced me!

xoxo,
megs [at] Shine On

Monica said...

Ive read so many great reviews I signed up, I should be getting my first box any day now and I can not wait!

Unknown said...

I've been hearing so much about this! I've got to try it!

stephanie said...

I've heard so much about this but I'm not sure I'm ready to bite the bullet yet. I can't decide if I'm cheap or would just rather wait and spend the money on a full product I know I'd love. Decisions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...