Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tag, you're it.

The lovely Sarah @ Simply Sarah tagged me in one of these fun getting-to-know-you posts circulating around the blog world.  Basically, you follow the rules to the Blogger game and pass them along to eleven other fab bloggie friends.  Sarah had perfect timing in tagging me because I've had some writers block for which I have no motivation to cure. Thanks Sarah!! 

The Blogger Game Rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post
5. Let them know you've tagged them!

My 11 "Fun" Facts:

1. I share my first name with both of my grandmothers. I was named "Margaret" by default, "Maggie" because my momma is a kind woman.   ;) 

2. I never, ever, go anywhere without my water bottle. I drink more than a camel. My mom told me that when I move back home after school she is making me pay the Poland Spring bill because she refuses to continue to order extra shipments for me to drain out our water cooler. Sorry, Mom! A girls gotta stay hydrated! 

3. I am a born and raised Jersey Girl, temporarily misplaced in Maryland in attempts to seek out a BS in Elementary Education. I plan on returning to NJ after I graduate to teach, but I am open to relocating outside the beautiful state of Jersey if, and only if, I am in walking distance to a beach.  

4. I love food. Except for mushrooms and olives. And most things white. 

5. Thankfully, I also love working out. I teach group fitness classes at the campus gym and am recently Les Mills BodyPump certified! 

6. I truly believe that a good turkey sandwich can cure even the most wicked of hangovers.

7. I began college as an English major, and although it is now only my area of concentration, I am still passionate about literature, writing, and of course, grammar. 

8. If I wasn't so passionate about becoming a teacher, I would go to law school. 

9. I spent one summer in the beautiful city of Barcelona, Spain and now often dream of a glamorous life relaxing, traveling, and shopping in a foreign city. Subsequently, "House Hunters International" on HGTV is a guilty pleasure of mine. I sometimes wish I had the courage and free spirit to relocate, or at least travel for longer than a summer.  

10. It takes a conscious effort for me to bite my tongue and not say "sparkles" when someone asks me my favorite color. My boyfriend tells me I sometimes have the mindset of a four year old...

11. It is my current mission to find and rent a beach house down the shore this summer. I must succeed. 

Now that I have rambled on about facts I thought to be "fun," it's time for Sarah to ask the questions! Here goes nothing... 

1. If you could go anywhere, all expenses paid, where would it be?
Anywhere that has hot, hot sun and low humidity. An island in the mediterranean perhaps? Although, right now I'd be happy if someone would just fund my house down the shore and my weekends at DJais. Please??

2. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Lay on the beach and get my tan on.
In the winter, I love spending as much time as I can on the gym only to come home and read the rest of the day away. 

3. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging a month before I left for my study abroad trip to Spain. I wanted a way to keep my friends and family in the know about my travels.  I am so, so happy I decided to start my first blog, Mezcla del Dia, because not only did I document the most exciting moments of the best trip of my life, but I also found a love for blogging. When I returned, I started this blog to continue keeping my family in the know about my college adventures, and simply to have a creative outlet for my writing.

4. Do you have any siblings?
Yes, one sister. She is 18 months younger than me and we are different in almost every way. I have to admit, we have a very similar strange sense of humor and I'm starting to realize we balance each other out quite nicely. She drives me crazy, but I love her, and she's gonna love a shout out on the blog.  Hey Sar!

5. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Oh my gosh. I feel like I've had many, but nothing sticks out as the most embarrassing.  I do remember the first time I brought Loverboy to the beach with my family, and I tried to act really cool by being the first one to hit the waves for tubing and body surfing.  You know, running down the hill into the water, feigning bravado, all fearless and Baywatch-esque.  Welp. The first wave crashed so hard and so high that it completely wiped me out, dragging me about 20 feet ashore, leaving my bathing suit bottoms halfway down my behind and my top performing a serious Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction. My cousins and C LAUGHED AND LAUGHED AND LAUGHED before they finally came to see if I was ok.  My ego was hurt more than anything, thank goodness, but I definitely hesitated a little more and held on to my bathing suit a little tighter before I went out again.

6. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. (Vanilla is white, I don't do white food, remember ;) )

7. What's your favorite genre of music?
I love everything. Most frequently I listen to country.

8. Have you been to any concerts - if so which was your favorite? If not, who would you like to see?
I have been to many, many concerts.  My favorites would have to be a four-way tie between Aerosmith and Kiss at MSG, Bruce Springsteen at the closing of Giants Stadium, Rascal Flatts ANYWHERE, and ACDC at the old Giants Stadium.



9. Who is your favorite author?
This is a toughie.  My favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird, but does the fact that Harper Lee only published this one book disqualify her?  Hm. I loved everything that Dan Brown wrote. Maybe Roald Dahl?

10. What is one beauty product you can't live without?
Only one? Bronzer!!

11. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Nordstrom :) 


 I'm tagging:
3. AshleyHeart of Life
6. Laura @ Life of Lu
7. Emily @ Life of Emily
10. Meghan @ Shine On

Here are my 11 questions for you lovely ladies:
1. What is your favorite part about blogging?
2. Who is your celebrity crush?
3. What is your favorite city/place in the world?
4. If you could tell us a time where you helped a stranger the most, when was it?
5. If you could have only one magazine subscription for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
6. What is your biggest fear?
7. What is your guilty pleasure? 
8. Can you recall your favorite childhood memory?
9. Facebook or Twitter?
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
11. How would you sum yourself up in three words or less?

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did! Luckily for me, I was tagged during winter break when I had little to nothing to accomplish ;) Good luck!! xoxo

5 comments:

stephanie said...

wooo! so excited thanks for tagging me! :) I need to re-read TKAM... it's one of my faves but I haven't read it in years!

Cara said...

Thanks for the tag, Maggie!

Monica said...

Thanks for the tag!!

Unknown said...

So glad you did this! Your facts are great! I especially like the "sparkles" one...I feel the same!

Ashley said...

Uh oh, I've been tagged. Thanks for that, girlfriend-- now I'll actually have something to blog about post-Honduras :) Miss yewww xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...