Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

I would like to take this time to acknowledge all the men and women who have selflessly served in our armed forces, protected our rights and our freedoms, and who gave us the precious gift of security.  

It was a little sad to see more recognition amongst my peers for today's binary date than for the men and women who have served our country. However, I was proud of the community members having memorial services as I drove down route one, and of Google, who simply, yet powerfully, reminded everyone what today signifies. 

On a personal note, I hate today, and I'm glad it's almost over. I may not make wishes when the clock hits 11:11 like most, but I do wish  a Happy Veteran's Day to those of you who have a veteran in your life, and I'll remember the veteran who meant the most in mine.  

Words cannot describe how sad we were to see our favorite veteran pass on Veteran's day three years ago.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...