Friday, November 4, 2011

Another Boring Post

All creativity that once occupied my mind has been replaced with stress and academic exhaustion.  For this my first semester of senior year is to blame, with notable contributions from my natural habit to stretch myself too thin. 

So, I'm sorry I haven't had anything terribly clever or sentimental or even remotely important to say for the past, I don't know, three months?  

Thursday night at 7:00pm when my last fitness class ended, my weekend began.  Fridays are typically dedicated to working all day at the CYC when I don't have a) student teaching b) randomly scheduled classes or c) a road trip to NJ. 

With no reason to drive the 3.5 hours home (C's game was away in East Jabib this week), no classes, and a closed CYC, I had a Friday off.  Before you let yourself get too excited, however, let me remind you how incredibly busy I have been since the moment I moved back to College Park. Instead of "laying around eating and watching TV in my underwear" like my boyfriend so supportively suggested I do, I spent all day trying to be productive in the realm of academics. 

First of all, I woke up early (which was fine considering I went to bed before 11 the night before) to do the Body Pump challenge with some group-fit cronies. For those of you unfamiliar with the Les Mills Challenge - just know it's an hour of non-stop heavy weight lifting that leaves your pores dripping with sweat and accomplishment.  

After two hours of being at the gym it was time go home, make lunch, do a load of laundry and begin my endless amount of school work. I sat down at the edge of my bed to take my sneakers off one minute, and, much to my dismay, woke up 50 minutes later, drooling, confused, and still donning sneakers.    

Damn you, Body Pump and your unwillingness to cooperate with plans of academic productivity.  

Six hours, one grande skinny mocha, endless Facebook interruptions and a dinner medley of squash, zucchini and sweet potato later, I completed one long assignment.  

I decided that one assignment was enough for today, because hey, I still have Saturday and Sunday to procrastinate further, right? Right. 

So now I lay in bed enjoying the ambiance of burning cinnamon scented candles and the sweet sounds of Ray LaMontagne Pandora Radio. My homework may not yet be done, but my nails are freshly manicured for the second time in two days, my body is well-rested and I for once am in absolutely no rush.  

Recently my friends have been calling me "grandma" (hi Jess and Diana) and I guess tonight I can't really blame them. Maybe I'm the worst college student in the world tonight, but tomorrow I will be bright eyed for an early tailgate and I have one less assignment to worry about when I go out on Saturday night. And who knows, maybe my creativity will come back to me in sweet dreams tonight. Hallelujah. 

xx GrandMaggie 

Halloween hit a little bit too close to home this year. 

PS- I was supposed to share this wildly uneventful night with my dear friend Kelly - she apparently fell asleep in her towel after showering at 8:30. Needless to say, she never made it down, and I no longer feel like the lamest student in CP. Looks like we're tied, Kell ;) xoxo 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...