Monday, February 27, 2012

Workin' On Our Fitness

I woke up this morning and didn't know where I was. That's how deep of a sleep I was in.  And I went to sleep at 9:30pm.  Talk about exhaustion.


Friday I caravanned the five and a half hours to Virginia Tech with all of the other Group Fitness Instructors/Personal Trainers for the annual Southeast Collegiate Fitness Expo.  We finally got to our hotel a little after 11:30, only to wake up at 6:30 for a 7:30 check in for our first workout. 
Hey slackers in the front...I see you. ;)
After 8 hours of work outs (Yes, eight. Four in the morning, an hour lunch break, and another four in the afternoon) we refueled and went to the social VT sponsored for us at the Holiday Inn.  The "social" was reminiscent of sophomore year high school homecoming, complete with mardi gras masks, the Cupid Shuffle and Lil' Jon's musical artistry. It was fantastic. There was also a cash bar which some people visited entirely too often. I never once made it to the bar; instead I was hassling the servers to refill the water pitcher every two minutes.  I think my exact words were, "Sorry to ask you fill up the water again but how could you be so unprepared when you know you are hosting a room full of fitness instructors?" Ha. This girl is grumpy when dehydrated.   

 Anyway, I'm glad I stuck to just water because Sunday morning's first session came all too soon at 8:00am. Four sessions later, we were on the road back to Maryland.  

The boys took "final relaxation" a little bit too far in Body Flow.  

I slept for half of the ride home.  The other half I sort of brooded over the fact that this was my final Fitness Expo. These weekends are intense but so incredibly eye-opening.  It is amazing share our fitness philosophies and knowledge with our peers, and even more amazing to be in a room with 15+ other Universities all with one common passion: to be fit.  Working out with fitness professionals and collegiate instructors truly is in an inspiring experience.  I'm excited to bring that inspiration into my classes this week - if you're a UMD reader make sure to go to fitness classes this week to see first hand all the new material we have to offer ;) 


1 comment:

stephanie said...

crazy weekend! but looks like it was a good one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...