Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hola, Ya'll. (Parte Dos)

I've been missing Barcelona a lot lately. The freedom of walking through the city to the beach in a matter or minutes, the beauty of a language I still long to master, the fresh food, the sweet drinks, and especially, the people. I catch myself endlessly looking through facebook photo albums entitled "Barca" in my spare time (not to mention my Spanish shrine of photos adorning my entire room) and reminiscing on the summer I wish I could relive over and over again.

 Luckily for me, a good friend met through ISA in Barcelona was traveling to DC last week for work, and asked to visit with Lauren and me! We could barely contain our excitement. The drawl of her Texan accent was familiar and welcoming; picking her up from the College Park Metro felt like meeting her at the Urquinanona Metro stop in the heart of Barca.  We spent the afternoon sharing "American" stories and remembering the amazing times spent in Espana and Roma.  (See here for a recap of our adventures and my struggle to habitually use Spanish while simultaneously avoiding the infectiously catchy southern term, "ya'll")

Morgan was only able to stay the night, but it was enough for me to start formulating plans to visit a) Spain for a second time and b) Texas to reunite with my Spanish bffs Morgan and Mallory!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...