Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I love March 20th

... and not just for the free Rita's.  

Spring was always my favorite season (until I got to high school and could drive myself to the beach). I'll tell you why.



1. New wardrobes. I already have plans with mamabear to go J.Crew outlet shopping over Easter break ;)
2. Spring cleaning. ..But seriously.  I loved spending my Saturday morning/afternoon scrubbing the kitchen and vacuuming the floors with the windows open and sun shining.  It feels awesome starting fresh this time of year.
3. Recess duty is significantly more pleasant.
4. Summer is right around the corner. Tan lines are on the horizon!! 

5. Spring Break, even if the University is currently on break and I have to wait an extra two weeks until Public School Spring break. I actually kind of like being on an uninhabited campus...it's unusually peaceful. Plus, the gym is empty and I don't hate it.
The Girls and me during last year's (ON TIME) Spring Break.
6. My beautiful campus is most beautiful this time of year.

5. Diets. Spring is the perfect reminder that my New Year's Resolutions have faded and I need to get back on the healthy eating bandwagon.  Seriously.


This is why today, I made myself run 2.5 miles to Rita's for my free mango ice.  The sun was shining, even at 5:45 on my way back to the apartment, and I think I may have achieved some early spring color :)   Guilt-free,  I took the short cut back home. 


Happy, happy spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Spring! Love your list. =)

Keep Shining,
Meghan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...